Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rosehip (private collection)



Rosehip, oil on canvas, 4" X 4", 2008
(private collection)

Very weary. Long day, and here's the tail end.
I'll probably re-shoot and repost tomorrow. I don't think the real thing looks as bad as the image I see here does...
On a happier note, the show went well-- the ladies at Queen Anne Books are dears. I highly recommend the store. Thank you to everyone who came by!

(updated 1/18/08: I got a better image and posted it. Still not crazy about the painting...)

4 comments:

Booyah said...

I'm so so so sorry I couldn't make it to your show. I'm so excited for your success and I can't wait for the next one!!!

Yay you, sir! Yay you!

Jason Waskey said...

Boo:

Being in the emergency room has been ruled as a valid excuse for not showing up...

Thank you, and I hope you are feeling better...

kathrynlaw said...

Congratulations on your show! About this painting, I think it succeeds in that it that it could almost be taken for an abstract, with a lovely, graceful composition. It's nice to see a blurring of the boundary between representation and abstraction, because the viewer is more at liberty to see the subject in terms of rhythm and movement, for example. If that makes sense. Even though it may not have turned out exactly as you planned, I still think it's a successful painting. :)

Jason Waskey said...

Thank you Kathryn! How was your show?

I *swear* this painting looks better in person than the images I was able to grab of it, but I am becoming convinced by your interpretation... ;)